Friday, February 27, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Solution for media upload and distribution | groups.drupal.org: "Looking to identify the best web based solution (Drupal or third party) that would allow a content creator to upload and distribute media (video, audio, photos, ...for starters) to external sites and services."
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Converting PDF to Flash for web page flipping (Dobrica Pavlinušić's Weblog / Blog): "This was easier than I thought it will be. Following examples on swftools site I found two great viewers, and if that is not enough, I found original author of viewer used at PdfMeNot (scroll down to find download link)." & Code4net - FDView (Flash Document Viewer): "a custom viewer for pdf2swf. It's main purpose is provide same capabilities as FlashPaper. That's present pdf documents inside a swf documents." & Swftools examples - Inkscape extension: "A little extension to save as Swf from Inkscape (tested on Linux with 0.44 version). It make a temporary Pdf file and convert it in swf format with the help of swftools."
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
link-tag to reduce duplicate content | groups.drupal.org: "I just came across an article on www.websitemagazine.com about 'link' tags being used to minimize the problem of duplicate content." & Canonical URL links - Yoast - Tweaking Websites: "
Matt Cutts has just announced a new tag at SMX West Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have just announced a new tag, which we can use to tell the search engines which URL it should have for the current page... Suppose you have read my Twitter Analytics post, and you've started tagging all the URL's you spread on Twitter with Google Analytics campaign variables... Working with Marek Sotak, we've also developed a module for Drupal that does this, by modifying the global redirect module. Grab it here. Note: this is not an official release of this module, we'll do that soon."
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Ecommerce SEO guide: 30 + 1 top tips | Practical Ecommerce Web Marketing & Ecommerce SEO Series #1- Avoiding Duplicate Content | Total Web News: "One of the biggest problems with ecommerce optimization is that every site within an industry sells the same products. Many times, they’re using the same text to describe this product. Copy and paste from the manufacturer’s site is a quick way to get products added, but also a quick way to be spotted by a duplicate content filter. As those of us in the SEO industry know, duplicate content and high rankings don’t really go together. So how do you combat this problem?" & SEO Tips for E-commerce Websites - 25 eCommerce SEO Tips: "Use iframes for Duplicate Content: If you have repetitive content that must appear on every page, or your product descriptions are not unique, consider placing them inside an iframe with an invisible border. Users will not know that they data technically resides on another page search engines will not penalize you for duplicate content."
Write to a Google Spreadsheet from a Python script & Google Spreadsheets APIs and Tools - Google Code: "How can I create a spreadsheet gadget or an iGoogle gadget which uses spreadsheets as the data source?"
FREE Version of Flash Page Flipping: "Free Version of Flash Page Flip has no advanced functions but it has some nice features like resizing and navigation. You can make and publish your own publications (Online Catalog, Digital Brochure, Flipping Book, Interactive Flyer, Virtual Magazine, Flip Album etc.) by writing JPEG or SWF formatted pages names on XML file in the Free Version. You don't have to know Flash software to make your flipping book."
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Why BANS Niche Sites get Banned from Google | JTPRATT's Blogging Mistakes:
- Remove auctions from your BANS home page: Fill your front end with content, content, content!
- Prune your store navigation down to the most essential pages: This is especially true if your store pages are like 50-100, but your content pages are under 10!
- Ditch Adsense: If you’re using Adsense on your BANS site - ditch it for now unless your BANS site is really content heavy. Some people have been getting emails from Adsense about potentially shutting their account down because they had really this BANS pages with Adsense on them
- Strive for 50% content+ sitewide: This may be a VERY high mark to strive for (especially if your BANS site has dozens of store pages - but let’s face it…if you do this you won’t only be making google happy. That many content pages will get you GOOD organic traffic and increase the value of your site 10-fold anyway.
- Have MORE on a domain than just BANS: What - did you think that you could setup 50+ keyword-laden domains and just slap BANS up there, and then the cash would start rolling in? Don’t be an IDIOT, put MORE on those domains than just BANS. Protect your niche - add a blog and integrate BANS into Wordpress - that way if BANS or eBay affiliations in general become taboo or no longer profitable, you still have a niche site with REAL content to promote 900 other ways!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Just Racing UK - Selling an Event with Drupal, Ubercart, Views, Dates and some glue | drupal.org: "very innovative combination of CCK + Ubercart for event management. I'm glad you were able to figure out the custom 'glue' module development."
Friday, February 06, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
SEOmoz | Whiteboard Friday - The Microsite Mistake: "why microsites are frequently used ineffectively." & Root Domains, Subdomains vs. Subfolders and The Microsite Debate
Is there a Getting Started guide for Musicians wanting to use drupal?: "Suggested module list for a standard artist/band site" & Ingredients and examples for a drupal band/artist site | groups.drupal.org