Sunday, December 31, 2006
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
- Firefox 2
- Flash Player 9 for Linux
- Groovy 1.0
- Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS7) in Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 7
- Java Standard Edition 6
- .NET Framework 3.0
- Ruby on Rails 1.2
- and an endless variety of open source frameworks and libraries for both the client and the server
But the one release that's really pushing my buttons as a web developer right now is Firebug 1.0 Beta, which I cover in this issue of the Tech Times.
Also in this issue, I thought I'd share some of the research I did when looking for an affordable solution for stamping and password-protecting PDFs for sale on sitepoint.com." & FREE PDF stamping
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Leech - these modules take news feeds, parse them, and turn them into nodes, making them fully available to Drupal's robust node API
Leech_yahoo_terms – when news articles are turned into nodes, this module sends their text to Yahoo News, handles the response, and turns keywords into taxonomy terms (tags) for each article
Url_profile – this determines the original source of an article, boils it down to its baseurl, and follows up http redirects for finding a feed's base that came in from Feedburner, for example
- url_profile_technorati - this takes a baseurl and pulls information from Technorati using its API and the cosmos, bloginfo, and blogtags queries
- url_profile_alexa - this takes a baseurl and gets a thumbnail of the website and its traffic rank
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Friday, December 08, 2006
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
- Get links from old and highly trusted domains.
- Get site-wide links from a huge site with 150,000+ pages (a large forum perhaps).
- Get a few deep links from relevant articles or content.
- No massive and low-level directory submissions.
- Avoid link exchanges, esp. from new domains."
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Tagging gives a story, an image, or anything else a couple of keywords to help define what the thing is all about. So, if you've found an article that talks about HIV/AIDS prevention programs in Africa, you can bookmark it with del.icio.us and give it the tags HIV/AIDS, sexual health, and Africa. Later when you want to write a blog post about AIDS in Africa or compare the different type of HIV prevention programs in use you can go to your del.icio.us bookmarks, look at your tags, and find the article you need without having to run a Google search on it.
Free Tagging on Autopilot | Development Seed Blog :"We’re using the new Yahoo Terms module in the aggregation tools we’re working on to let you search all this content by keyword. Once we’re done, you’ll be able to plug in a bunch of websites that feature content about AIDS in Africa or any other topic and have your website slowly build you a book of current information on the topic that’s fully sortable by keyword. You can take it for a test drive here" => Leech | drupal.org: "used for downloading things to a Drupal site. Leech comes with leech_news which is a news aggregator for RSS/Atom and used along with the required node_template module, can turn articles from news feeds into nodes. Leech is a reincarnation of the Aggregator2 module."
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
- Real Estate Data Set/JMP Simple Linear Regression
- Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education: Mass Appraisal: An Introduction to Multiple Regression Analysis for Real Estate Valuation
- Regression: Fitting Functions to Data: Linear and Exponential Regression miscellaneous on-line topics for Finite Mathematics and Calculus Applied to the Real World: "We start with an attempt to construct a linear demand function. Suppose that your market research of real estate investments reveals the following sales figures for new homes of different prices over the past year."
- SpringerLink - Journal of Real Estate Literature: Article: Spatial Autoregression Techniques for Real Estate Data
- Quickly identify systems or logical partitions that are resource constrained
- Balance the resources on an logically partitioned system
- Evaluate resource constraints during peak production windows
- Analyze day-to-day job scheduling
- Evaluate growth options by passing the PM data to the Workload Estimator"
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
www.a70m30xsettlement.com/notice.pdf" & Toshiba Settlement Website: "There are three forms of relief for Class Members: a Warranty Extension, a $25 Cash Payment or $50 Credit Voucher for use on www.toshibadirect.com, and a $35 Credit Voucher for use on www.toshibadirect.com. To find out which benefit(s) you qualify for and how to obtain these benefits, please refer to sections 8 through 13 of the Notice. If, after reviewing the Notice, you believe you are entitled to one or more $25 cash payment(s) and/or $50 credit voucher(s), you have the option of filing your claim electronically on this website. You do not need to file a claim for Warranty Extension or the $35 credit voucher; if eligible, you will automatically receive these benefits. Claim Forms must be postmarked or filed electronically on or before March 9, 2007."
- "Performance by Design: computer capacity planning by example"
- "Capacity Planning for Web Services: metrics, models, and methods"
- "Scaling for E-Business: technologies, models, performance, and capacity planning"
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Monday, November 13, 2006
- "Part 1: Why Services-Oriented Architecture? - This guide provides a high-level summary of SOA.
- Part 2: SOA Reference Architecture - This guide covers the SOA Reference Architecture, which provides a worked design of an enterprise-wide SOA implementation with detailed architecture diagrams, component descriptions, detailed requirements, design patterns, opinions about standards, patterns on regulation compliance, standards templates and potential code assets from members.
- Part 3: Introduction to Services Lifecycle — This guide introduces the Services Lifecycle and provides a detailed process for services management though the service lifecycle, from inception through to retirement or repurposing of the services. It also contains an appendix that includes organization and governance best practices, templates, comments on key SOA standards, and recommended links for more information."
Sunday, November 12, 2006
- Digitalpoint (my personal favorite)